Friday, June 5, 2009

my introducing...


My name's Tamara Kaboutchek, I'm a singer-musician-song-writer signed at EMI-Virgin in France and after some years of struggle to make my first record, I'm finally making it right now.
I'm recording my first album with Noah Georgeson, from the team of Devendra Banhart, in Los Angeles, with his incredible musicians.
Why here? Why Noah?
Well first because i write & compose all of my songs in English, it's my favourite language for singing what i like. Second, the very first music I listened to, came from the U.S, and still today i cannot think of a better place to record an album. It maybe not the better place to get inspired for some, but the people here are so musical, i just love being here with such real talented musicians.
Noah Georgeson is an exceptional producer,  and i just hoped at some point that our horizons would cross eventually to make a beautiful record together.
Why starting a blog?
Because I love to write, to keep a journal sometimes help me realizing I'm not dreaming,most necessarily when i travel. And being here right now is like a dream to me, so i write to my family and closest friends back home, to verify I'm still alive in this dream, and not actually dreaming it. 
Writing helps me realizing what's my reality. 
So as i was writing e-mails to my beloved ones back at home, they all answered me how much they'd liked it and how it made them want to hear more. So i started writing as if my story were a book with chapters, 1, 2, 3 and on and on the idea came clear. 
Why not sharing my thoughts to whoever else is interested in me and my music?
So if you wanna follow my steps into this crazy world of music, starting from now, here in L.A, 
WELCOME to my blog...

3 comments:

  1. Super beaux ton blog, manque sentir les odeurs de la ville,
    can wait to hear your album
    Many Lov
    M

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Tamara,

    Greetings from Athens. I'm Logos and this may come as a surprice to you. I was DJ-ing in Kastro Bar (Astypalaia) in 2002 with my best friend Vasilis (R.I.P. bro). I was watching a documentary on our little Butterfly-shaped Island yesterday and since I can't stop thinking about the cherished memories, fun, people, moments and all other things experienced that summer. As I was wandering over the internet looking for links on Astylaia (and Kastro Bar in particular) I came across your name (which rung a bell) as an administrator on an Island's facebook profile. I was suprised enough to see that you're now a singer and may I say your music is very interesting and your sound experimental! WAY TO GO TAMMY. I remember you and your girlfriends coming late at night (after bar-hopping in Magani and Artemis) at the bar and asking me if could play some Portishead tunes or any similar trip-hop or ambient sounds. I hope that was a good influence in your later to be career as a singer. Do you keep visiting Greece and Astypalaia? Are you still in touch with my friend Spiro (really liked that geezer) and Maya (crazy girl, lovely moments)? How's your little sister doing? Anyway I'm glad that things seem to be working really good for you! I wish you all the best because I think that you're surprisingly talented, well sophisticated in your music and your tunes are among things I'd like to listen (especially in a night drive)!

    Astypalaian kisses,
    L.

    ReplyDelete