Saturday, June 6, 2009

First days in Los Angeles





21 may 2009
Los Angeles is great. 

Me and my sister Fiona, who is here to make a documentary out of this, are really being good taking care of.
Stephane, my manager, and his family, his wife Sunjoo Moon (cloths designer) and their 3 kids, are really sweet, angels actually. They're making everything for us to feel comfortable in their house. We live in the pool-house, independent from the house, we get there from the garden and have direct access to the swimming-pool. What else can we wish for?
It's an amazing house, up on Beverly Hills, we have the most perfect view over the city, with the ocean on the horizon where we can even see Catalina Island.
The weather is exactly how i like, sunny but not too hot, at least for now...
As we are very jet-lagged, we wake up at 7 or 8 a.m, and we're asleep before the kids. I like this rhythm, we follow the sun. And as it's not gonna be like that for long, i try to enjoy it as much as i can. 
So we wake up, we jump in the pool, sun-bath a little bit and there starts a beautiful day.

The first 3 days were pretty chill-out, meaning "holidays", except Fiona who started filming as soon as we got here. I think she's going to do a great job with this video.

For me, it's yesterday, Monday 25th of May, that everything started. When i met Noah Georgeson
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Noah_Georgeson and http://www.myspace.com/findshelter)

It was too good to be true, I'll never forget that day cause it was the beginning of my best adventure until now. 
This guy is just great.
He arrived at 1 p.m and held me strongly in his arms after having introduced himself. We talked a little bit with everyone, the polite way, and then we went in the little pool-house-studio where we stayed listening to all of my songs until 6 p.m. Fiona came filming a little later so i could ask him before if he was OK with that, and he was.
We basically peeled off every tiny bit of my songs, and eventually agreed on 16 songs to record, some with drums, some with percussion, some with electric guitars, other with acoustic guitars, but we still have to take off 2 songs. But we get on so well, it's crazy!! We understand each other right away and it feels so easy!!!
He's adorable, you can feel the generosity the simplicity and the talent in that man.
He liked my songs, and it really pleased me.
I was so relieved, and i think he was too, cause all those months of waiting were actually resuming to this particular moment, our meeting and if it was going to work out well. And it did.
I must say that even though Stephane was sure about this, i had my doubts of course, and this meeting was a real revelation to me. First it means i have a great manager that understands me more than i want to believe, and second that I'm about to have the time of my life recording this album with Noah.
When he left and after i thanked him a thousand times, he held me strong again and he said: " Thank you for having me here Tamara, and for trusting me with your songs. I know we're gonna make a great record together because it already feels so easy and natural to work with you. Thank you, and can't wait for tomorrow."
Isn't it amazing as a conclusion of our first meeting??? I swear i had tears in my eyes i didn't let out for not being laughed at, but it was near...

So anyway, he's gonna come here for the next 3 days to continue this sort of pre-prod, until Friday where he and Devendra Banhart (his very good friend, http://www.devendrabanhart.com/), have to remix one of Oasis's song. It's funny actually, they don't understand why they chose them, but i think they're gonna have loads of fun doing, it I'm sure... 
And Saturday, first day of studio, yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I CAN'T WAIT !!

He also loved the violin parts of Raphaël, and the way Martin plays guitar, so we're gonna make them come and record in half of the album. Can't wait to tell them, i hope they'll be happy to hear it. Stephane is calling them right now...

That's it for the moment, I'll keep you posted as soon as i have interesting news OK?
Fiona and I can't wait to meet the other musicians, and maybe slip the idea of a duet?...
Ah, and by the way, Noah is greek!!!!!!!!!!!! Georgeson comes from "Yorgopoulis" or "Yorgostopoulos" i don't remember exactly, but isn't it too funny???? Greece is always chasing me my god! it's everywhere! It's my soul country.
ahahahahahahahhahaahah


Kisses to you all,

TAMARA

4 comments:

  1. Cool Tam, continues on veut tout savoir!
    Je t'embrasse fort.
    Cécile

    ReplyDelete
  2. ton enthousiasme fait chaud au coeur, tu es une vraie princesse, profite de chaque instant LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL AND SO ARE YOU !!!!
    Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh j'avais pas lu ton comment ma Jeannette!!! ça me fait trop trop plaisir.....grosse bise xxxx

    ReplyDelete